Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Recent Happenings

Nixon turns 4 on the 6th of January. We had a little family party for him on Saturday since Brad works during the week. He wanted a mixed up party. First he wanted a pirate party, then he said, no I want a batman party, last he said, no I want a transformer party, so he had all three and loved all of it. I can't get my kids away from wanting a pinata for their parties, they looove them. I even offered to take him to Chuck E Cheese but he said  no I want a pinata at our house! I give up!

It seems like Christmas all over again, toys and wrapping paper everywhere! I wish his birthday was further away from Christmas, it's hard to pick out anything for him since he just got so much from everyone for Christmas.
We spent New Year's Eve with Brad's brother Greg's family. The kids actually stayed up late this year, normally we set the clocks forward so they think it is midnight but actually it is 10:00. I don't know why we let them stay up late this time, they are always so grumpy the next day, when they stay up to late!
We watched the ball drop on t.v and the kids banged pots and pans, when did that ever become a tradition?
Nixon, Carsyn and Avery playing the xbox and waiting for it to be New Years!
The day after Christmas we went to the mall to return a few things, and Carsyn said she wanted to pay to get her ears pierced. She was so brave, she didn't even get tears in her eyes!
Caden acts so silly some times. He and some of his cousins were playing up stairs and he came down dressed like this. He had on about 20 of his t-shirts and said he was trying to break the world record for wearing the most shirts. He saw the world record holder on youtube and wanted to break his record, he was about 204 shirts shy of the record! What a cutie!

Here is the world record holder, I don't know how people come up with some of these world records that they have, but some of them are really strange!

1 comment:

The Larson Family said...

Sorry we missed the party. What a great solution to have a mixture of all his favorites for his theme! We couldn't find a post office yet to mail his present but we will tomorrow!

The shirt guy is great! It's funny that Caden did that too- just before we moved Camden did the same with all the coats he could put on! I'll have to post that picture. Silly boys! I need to get caught up on my posts!

Looks like you had a fun new years! I noticed Cathryn has the same pillow as us on their bed! (The blue one with the canoe on it!) We stayed up and did the pots and pans too. Fun Traditions!