Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our Busy May

Since school is just about over, we have had assembly after assembly at the kids schools! Awards, plays, talent shows and graduations! So needless to say we've been busy.

Caden had his 4th grade play, How the West was Won, and he did an awesome job!
Nixon Graduated from Preschool! I can't believe he is growing up so fast! He has been my little buddy for all these years and next year he will be leaving me to go to Kindergarten! Which is a bitter sweet thing for me! Here he is with his best friend from preschool, Faris. By the end of the year Faris had the same hair cut as Nixon and once he saw Nixon wasn't wearing a tie at the graduation he ripped his right off. They both loved to copy each other! Too Cute!
I love to take pictures of these kids, because just for that second they act like they love each other! (They really do, but don't show it very often)
Bass Lake came quickly and went quickly this year! It was a fun time, just a bit too cold though! It kept the mosquitoes away, but also kept us out of the lake most the time! It was still good times spending it with family!

Avery and Carsyn
One of the nights we were there, they had a dance at the store by our cabins. The girls loved it, and to be honest, I thought it was fun too! Line dancing is always fun especially watching people mess up. :) I have video of Brad dancing and man was it funny! I won't post it just because I want him to still be married to me!
The guys checking out the dancers. Don't let them fool you, they got their groove on!
Roy, Penny, and Kenny
Every year a family is in charge of making shirts, this year Brad and I (actually just Brad) designed them. I thought they came out pretty cool. My kids practically wore them the whole week!
Here is Gavin, Caden, and Nixon
This is how my kids were at the lake.. bundled up! The water was freezing!
They braved the tube for a little bit and then came off of it with blue lips!
Brad and his brother Greg.
Most of the time during the days we hung out in the game room at the cabins. The kids did crafts and played pool and ping pong.
I caught Kenny stealing the pool balls. Haha.
Okay so this year we had a friend visit our cabin, and it wasn't welcome!! Caden spotted the mouse right before he went to bed, we searched and couldn't find it anywhere. Good thing the other kids were already in bed asleep, they would have gone nuts! So if you are a big animal lover don't look at the next picture. I don't consider mice pets since people feed them to snakes, so I was ok with what Brad did! Well after the kids were all in bed, we were about to turn out the lights and I see the mouse run out of the kids room into the kitchen behind the oven! So Brad gets a frying pan and gives me one of Nixon's light saber swords to poke at it from one side of the oven. It runs out and Brad is chasing it banging the pot on the ground but keeps missing it! It was a sight to see, I don't think I could have laughed more, and not to mention very noisy! The kids never even woke up! Brad finally hit it and no more mouse!!!
May 23rd was Brad's Birthday, so we celebrated at the Lake! Happy Birthday Bradley!
The last day we were there it rained and hailed, so we hung out at the store under their patio, for hours!

The first day we got to Bass Lake we went and looked at some other cabins that we thought we'd maybe like to stay in next year. Well we shouldn't have done that, because after we saw the new cabins we didn't want to leave and go back to ours! I am talking flat screen t.v's, wi fi, granite counter tops, huge bathrooms and nice furniture through out! Looks like we've stayed at the PG&E cabin's for the last time! No more spiders, bugs and more importantly Mice!!

No comments: