I have been so excited to go on the Ellen Show. We finally went today! We left last night and stayed in a hotel in L.A. We didn't have a hotel room yet so when we got to L.A we decided to go stay in one of the hotels close to Universal City Walk so we could catch a movie there and walk around. There are two hotels in walking distance to City Walk, they are The Hilton or the Sheraton. I called the Sheraton first and when I did the guy said I just have to warn you first that our hotel is having a convention this weekend and anyone who stays here has to be warned because it is an ADULT film convention. I quickly said, well okay then, we will be staying at the Hilton, that solves it!! Scary!!
This morning we woke up and ate at a really good breakfast spot and then got to the WB lot around 11am. Today was an outside show, they called it the Backlot Bash. Normally they have around 400 people in attendance but today they had almost 5,ooo people. When we got there, there were so many people already in line, they had to have been there since 3 in the morning! So they give us bracelets and as we go through the metal detectors a lady stops us and says "Is it just the 2 of you" and we say "yes" , so she takes our bracelets and marks a star on them and says get in line and listen for when we call for the people with the stars on their bracelets! We get in line and wait for about 4 hours! Finally we hear, "anyone with a star on their bracelets please get out of line and come to the new line" Brad and I make our way over to the new line as people are giving us dirty looks, and the people that must have gotten there at 3 in the morning are now behind us in line! They walk us to the outdoor stage and we got to sit 5 rows back from the stage!! It was awesome!
Brad and I right before the show started.
Ellen came out, I think she is funny. When she gets serious I don't care for her, but when she is being funny, she makes me laugh!

Gwen Stefani started to climb up this tower without anything holding her up there, I thought that was pretty crazy.

It was cool how close they were. Brad of course had to comment on how beautiful Gwen Stefani is, in person. In fact his exact words were, "I never realized how pretty she is, until I saw her up close and she is one pretty girl!!" Keep dreaming Brad :)

After the show I thought we would at least get a CD or something but all we got were free t- shirts, of which we didn't even pick up because we didn't want to wait in the huge line again! I guess they can't give away tons of stuff when they have 5000 people there. They did hand out Flip video cameras to anyone that caught a tennis ball that Ellen hit out into the crowd. We of course didn't get a tennis ball but the show was still fun to watch! I can't wait to watch it tomorrow on t.v.!!




5 comments:
SO fun! I saw No Doubt on American Idol and they sang their old song on their too. I don't think they have anything new yet. Can't wait until they do.
That is so awesome that you got to go in the front! They probably wanted all the cute people up front so that when they show the audience on TV it is a bunch of cute people! =)
That is awesome! I love Ellen! She cracks me up! I can't wait to watch it today. I will be looking for you!
I saw Gwen Stefani on Ellen last week I think or maybe it was the week before or maybe it wasn't even on Ellen! I can't really remember. But she said they don't have any new songs yet. Her tour is going to be all her old stuff and she's hoping to get motivated for new stuff by doing that. Kinda retarded if you ask me. Whatever! She's Gwen Stefani she can do whatever she wants right!
I'm glad you had fun. We will for sure have to do the Christmas show!
What I want to know is how in the world did you convince Brad to go to the Ellen show? I mentioned to Danny once that I would like to go to her show and he told me to have a good time...alone. What's your secret? Gwen Stefani?
What a fun time! I am surprised you didn't wait in line at 3am though. I think that's what time we got in line to get on the Price Is Right???? Pretty cool you got to pass everyone and sit so close! I saw you for sure on tv! Good thing you wore pink-it was easy to spot! Now you can send me your autograph!!! I love going to City Walk. Brings back great memories!!
I watched the show today and it looked like it would have been a ton of fun to be there in person. How lucky that you got to sit so close. Just curious, did you get sprayed by the water at all?
Post a Comment