Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ohhhh Christmas Tree


We put the ornaments on our fake tree as soon as Thanksgiving was over, a couple of days later we noticed that some of the lights weren't working, Brad tried and tried to fix it but it couldn't be done. Since we bought the tree at Costco, the coolest store in the world (besides Target), we decided to see if they would exchange it for us. Of course Costco gave us our money back, and into the big warehouse we went, on a mission to get the same tree we had. Well there were two trees, one 6.5 foot tree and one 9 foot tree. The one we had was 7.5 and it was just perfect. We couldn't get the 6.5 foot tree because it would look dinky in the spot we want it, so we got the 9 footer! Wow, now that is a Christmas tree. It belongs among the red woods up in the Sequoia National Forest! It is a little too big for me, I guess I'll have to get used to it. I think we need a new star for the top, Brad says we should keep the one we have. He hand made it when we first got married, this is the same time that we had wicker patio furniture as our living room furniture. I told him we can make his star an ornament now and it would look just perfect on the new tree. What do you think, should We get a new star or keep the old one?

9 comments:

Sharonda and Zaron said...

Wow, what a gorgeous tree. I'm jealous; ours is about 5 feet tall, no joking. I think Brad's star would look perfect as an ornament and then you can get a bigger star for your bigger tree.

Memzy said...

That is an awesome tree!! Costco rules.

Krissi said...

I'm a sucker for tradition. Can't you make the old star into a new star. Make it bigger somehow. I don't know it is a gorgeous tree.

Cami said...

Oh I love it! I have the 9 footer from Costco too and it touches my ceiling. It fits much better in your house--it looks great!

Christa said...

You just got the tree of my dreams!! Love it! Definitely get a new star!!

The Larson Family said...

Hey we were just discussing the size of your tree - I thought the first one looked great but this one is even better!!! It fits so perfectly there. Your picture looks like it should be in a magazine!

I think you should keep Brad's homemade star and maybe add to it a little...one way you could do it is to douse it in hot wax from a pine tree candle and maybe you're tree will smell REAL finally!!!!!!!! :0)

The Reno Family said...

Your tree looks great! If your not happy w/ the star then I'd say it's time for a new one. Normally I'm a sucker for tradition too, but if it ruins "the look" for you then I say go for it. I do like your "too broke to buy a star" story though. Keepin it real.

nosle todd said...

Just unbelievable. nosle.com todd

Amy said...

What a tree. That is absolutely beautiful. I like the star. I want to buy a fake tree, but Troy isn't buying the idea. He likes going to pick one out every year, but if I show him yours he may change his mind.