Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Big Weekend

We had an eventful weekend. Saturday started out with a yard sale at my mom's house, early morning. My sister left to put signs out around the neighborhood and she wasn't gone for more than 3 minutes and people started showing up, I've never been a person to shop at a yard sale, but there are millions of people that do it. I don't like the thought of buying someone else's junk, but my sister made around $70.oo in a couple of hours, pretty cool.  After the yard sale I was off to buy tickets for Carsyn's dance recital. I thought I would be able to just go down and buy them, when I got there the line to buy tickets, wrapped all the way around the Fox Theater. There were people with lawn chairs, that had been there for a long time, crazy! Then Caden had his baseball game that was almost 2 hours long! They seem to get longer and longer every game. Then it was off to get ready for Caden's baptism. I think there were around 10 kids that were getting baptized on the same day, it was nice but it seemed to last forever!  We ate at La Tapatia afterwards, that place is great, the owners couldn't thank us enough for bringing so much business to them. Sunday we were up early getting ready for church and for Caden's Confirmation. I was so excited because Josh showed up with his girlfriend Maryanna and her kids.  Shelby and the boys came too! I'm thankful that everyone supported Caden, I love my family!  Afterwards we had a little get together at my house, it was so fun, but I am so glad I can relax now!!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Lisa, sorry we missed the little after party. It looks like you had a great time with all your family. I can't believe how busy your Saturday was. You deserve a nice relaxing week. Tell Caden congrats for us.